[OE-core] qt keyboard problem

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed May 15 08:18:41 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 10:10 AM, Yi Qingliang wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:05:45 AM Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> On 05/15/2013 08:19 AM, Yi Qingliang wrote:
>>> I'm running qt application on yocto's qt image. cpu is s3c2442, like
>>> mini2440.
>>>
>>> the problem is:
>>>
>>> key event issued by pressing gpio-key eat by 'getty' (from busybox),
>>> my application can't receive input event,
>>> if I remove respawn 'getty' for tty1 in /etc/inittab, everything ok.
>>
>> I solved it by no longer starting the console login. Set the following
>> in one of your .conf files (distro or local.conf):
>>
>> USE_VT = "0"
>> SYSVINIT_ENABLED_GETTYS = ""
>>
>> You may need to rebuild initscripts for this to have effect.

Alternatively, you could disconnect the console when the GUI starts. You
probably have some script that sets things up and starts the GUI, so you
could extend it with the console on/off function.

That allows you to see the boot log on the screen for example, and debug
things via the console when the GUI isn't running.

I forgot how to do that though, I think is was something in /proc/.

Mike.