[OE-core] distrodata.bbclass

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed May 15 08:41:21 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 12:39 AM, Slater, Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see this class for generating a report of package data, but I don't
> see it ever
>
> being used.  Is there info about how to use it?

The Package Reporting System (http://packages.yoctoproject.org) backend
uses the distrodata class, it's not included by default because it reads
data in the meta-yocto/conf/distro/include files and increases the load
time and variable space.

To use it you would need to inherit the distrodata class and also
include the files in meta-yocto/conf/distro/include (or equivalents for
your distro).

There are a couple of tasks that can operate on recipes, world or
universe (includes every recipe, to be used for validation, not
buildable in the normal case).

There are 4 main tasks that can be run:
distrodata
- generate a CSV file in tmp/logs that will create a Bill of Materials
like spreadsheet, listing all the recipes with version and license info.

checkpkg
- does some basic sanity checking of package information and distro
maintenance

distro_check
- tries to match our recipe names with a Full Distros like Ubuntu,
Fedora, OpenSuSeE and produces a CVS report

checklicense
- validates licenses, this could be depreated now, it was primarily used
in the early days of the Yocto Project to check the license data.

Let me know if this helps.

Sau!