[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu May 16 14:35:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 12:21 +0100, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> This would probably merit some sort of cogl-initial recipe to add.

Yeah.  If it was just a case of doing that then I would have done so;
the trouble is that you end up having to put garbage like

# We need to use the nopango build of cogl because we are a build dependency of pango
PKG_CONFIG_PATH_prepend = "${STAGING_DIR_HOST}/${exec_prefix}/cogl-nopango/${baselib}/pkgconfig:"
TARGET_LDFLAGS += "-Wl,-rpath-link,${STAGING_DIR_HOST}/${exec_prefix}/cogl-nopango/${baselib}"

in the recipes for everything else that participates in this dependency
chain and needs building before the "real" cogl.  Which is ugly.

p.