[OE-core] [RFC] get minimal rootfs to be even smaller

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Fri May 31 14:41:02 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 16:11 +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> Next one can be ldconfig which is ~600KB.

There's already an option to turn that off: you can set USE_LDCONFIG=0
in your distro configuration (which micro does, for example).
Converting that to be a modern DISTRO_FEATURE would be a fine thing.

On the udev thing I guess my initial reaction would be that if you want
the smallest rootfs you probably don't want to be using udev at all.
But if it's installing files that are totally unnecessary then that does
seem a bit extravagant and I agree that it should be curtailed.

p.