[OE-core] SRC_URI computing order

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 22:16:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Eric Bénard <eric at eukrea.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Le Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:15:12 +0000,
> Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, 2013-10-29 at 08:28 +0100, Eric Bénard wrote:
>> > Hi Khem,

>> > "${TARGET_OS}:${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH}:build-${BUILD_OS}:pn-${PN}:${MACHINEOVERRIDES}:${DISTROOVERRIDES}:${CLASSOVERRIDE}:forcevariable"
>> >
>> > so it follows the MACHINEOVERRIDES order (and I tried both append and
>> > prepend to hack MACHINEOVERRIDES without any behaviour change).
>>
>> I think what Khem is asking is what OVERRIDES expands to?
>>
>> You mean patchso* and not patchsoc* above, right? Or should patchsom1 be
>> patchsoc2?
>>
> oops :
> I expect  SRC_URI = "patchgeneric1 ... patchsom1 ... patchproduct1 ..."
> and I get :
> SRC_URI = "patchgeneric1 ... patchproduct1 ... patchsom1 ..."
>
>> Its hard to follow and it might be easier if you could share a
>> simplified test case we could reproduce this with. I don't doubt there
>> is an issue in there but we need a way to reproduce and debug this.
>>
> OK, I'm preparing a simple testcase to reproduce that with oe-core +
> meta-fsl-arm + meta-som + meta-baseboard.
>
> Eric

I have to report an undesiderate behavior:

the formfactor files in our .bbappend are not considered :/
DEBUG: Searching for machconfig in paths:....
  /oe/oe-core/meta/recipes-bsp/formfactor/formfactor-0.0/
  /oe/oe-core/meta/recipes-bsp/formfactor/formfactor/
  /oe/oe-core/meta/recipes-bsp/formfactor/files/
  /oe/meta-handheld/recipes-bsp/formfactor/files/poodle

so we end up with the empty machconfig of
/oe/oe-core/meta/recipes-bsp/formfactor/files/

Surely this didn't happen when we tested the recipe.

Cheers

Andrea