[OE-core] libxml2 python module

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Nov 7 17:58:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Seth Bollinger <seth.boll at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried setting EXTRA_OECONF --with-python, but it doesn't appear to be
> having much affect.
>
> I'm currently trying to hack together using python manually to build the
> install, but this feels like I'm moving in the wrong direction.
>
> Can anyone offer any guidance please?

You almost certainly need to inherit one or more of the python bbclasses
(see pythonnative, distutils*) to ensure it finds files corresponding to
our target python. I’d suggest checking those out, and possibly also
reading the configure.{ac,in} to see just what it’s checking when enabling
python support.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com