[OE-core] DORA RFC: FILESOVERIDES in dora

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Mon Nov 18 12:46:02 UTC 2013

On 11/18/2013 07:15 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 18 November 2013 11:10, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>> a) Revert the change in the branch. Anyone who adapted to the correct
>> behaviour on the branch would need to revert those changes
>
> As there hasn't been a .1 of Dora yet this only impacts people who
> have been tracking git, so I think it's probably best to apologise for
> this merge and revert it, on the grounds that it's a serious behaviour
> change.

I'm afraid that the problem is it doesn't work well after revert the patch,
either, as the patch says:

Currently the overrides are being applied backwards. This means something
which is platform specific is overriding something which is machine specific
which is clearly not intended.

I don't know how many layers are affected, I've tested the current dora branch
in the local autobuilder, didin't find any errors.

// Robert