[OE-core] RPROVIDES not package specific with native and added package

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Mon Nov 18 12:55:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a couple of recipes for building a proprietary application; a target and a native version. Both mostly depends on the same .inc file. Before, with OE-Classic all used to work fine. Now while porting to OE-core there are some QA-Issues:

ERROR: QA Issue: /home/makr/projects/upgrade_to_oe-core/oe/local/meta-priv/recipes-bsp/ipcgateway/ipcgateway-native.bb: Variable RPROVIDES is set as not being package specific, please fix this.

This is the "native" version. The target version still works without errors. The native version is about the same as the target but with added:

inherit native
NATIVE_INSTALL_WORKS = "1"

Looking a little deeper I found that the error occurs because the .inc file adds an extra package:

PACKAGES_prepend = "${PN}-test "

FILES_${PN}-test = "\
    ${bindir}/ut_ipcgateway \
    ${bindir}/st_ipcgateway \
"

If I comment these lines out, the error disappears.
I tried to instead add:

RPROVIDES_${PN}-test = "${PN}-test"

to the recipe but it makes no difference.
Running bitbake with "-e" I find the line (independent of the above changes):

RPROVIDES = "${PN}"

which seem to be fine, but only as long as I don't add any extra packages.
If anyone have any suggestion on how to get around this issue, it would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mats