[OE-core] dbus depends on dbus-ptest-ptest if ptest in DISTRO_FEATURES - bug?

Erik Botö erik.boto at pelagicore.com
Sat Nov 23 17:01:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 22 November 2013 09:42, Erik Botö <erik.boto at pelagicore.com> wrote:
>> I noticed that dbus will pull in the ptest package as soon as ptest is
>> in DISTRO_FEATURES, the recipe contains: RDEPENDS_dbus =
>> "${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'ptest', 'dbus-ptest-ptest', '',
>> d)}"
>>
>> Shouldn't this be handled in image.bbclass via
>> COMPLEMENTARY_GLOB[ptest-pkgs] = '*-ptest' ? Then it will only be
>> installed if IMAGE_FEATURES contains ptest, which is how other
>> packages handle ptest packages.
>
> Correct, that's a clear bug.
>
> Ross

When trying to fix this I understand why it's done the way it's done.
It's because the glob installing *-ptest won't match dbus-ptest-ptest,
which is the name it get since it's built using it's own recipe
(dbus-ptest_1.6.10.bb).

Should using it's own recipe be accepted as a valid pattern, if that
is the case an extra *-ptest-ptest glob would be needed. Otherwise I
can't think a good solution except for integrating the dbus-ptest
recipe into the dbus recipe. Or am I missing some third option?

Does anyone know why dbus ptest is built as it's own recipe?

Cheers,
Erik Botö