[OE-core] Mesa mess

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Oct 23 13:43:05 UTC 2013

With the current master (Poky ffb440c37c), I can't build anything
with a virtual/mesa requirement.  This seems to bring in both mesa
and mesa-gl, which fight to the death, killing the build :-(

It starts with this error:
   ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide virtual/libgl (/local/poky-cutting-edge/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa_9.1.6.bb
/local/poky-cutting-edge/meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-gl_9.1.6.bb).
  This usually means one provides something the other doesn't and should.

And ends when mesa tries to reset the PR:
   ERROR: Recipe mesa is trying to change PR from 'r1' to 'r0'. This will cause do_package_write_* failures since the incorrect data will be used and they will be unable to find
the right workdir.

I'm using my own distro based on Poky, with these features enabled:
   DISTRO_FEATURES="sysvinit alsa ipv4 x11 opengl wifi ext2 largefile ipv4 ipv6 libc-backtrace libc-big-macros libc-bsd libc-cxx-tests libc-catgets libc-charsets libc-crypt
                               libc-crypt-ufc libc-db-aliases libc-envz libc-fcvt libc-fmtmsg libc-fstab libc-ftraverse                                       libc-getlogin libc-idn
libc-inet-anl libc-libm libc-locales libc-locale-code                                   libc-memusage libc-nis libc-nsswitch libc-rcmd libc-rtld-debug libc-spawn libc-streams
libc-sunrpc                                     libc-utmp libc-utmpx libc-wordexp libc-posix-clang-wchar libc-posix-regexp libc-posix-regexp-glibc
  libc-posix-wchar-io  pulseaudio"

How can I get past this error?