[OE-core] eglibc_2.17.bb: Failure expanding variable SELECTED_OPTIMIZATION[:=]

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Sep 9 16:22:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 04:24:23PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-09-09 at 09:51 -0400, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> > Any ideas or suggestions at this point would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Richard,

> I have vague recollections about this from something happening in
> master. Perhaps try with:
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/commit/?id=4d50690489ee8dc329a9b0c7bc4ceb29b71e95e9
>
> applied. This might things more deterministic, perhaps always breaking
> or perhaps never.

Ah, good call! Massaging the patch onto 1.18 seems to have solved the parsing
breakage - it passed 10 out of 10 tries so far. I'll keep testing and run a
few real builds, but would you be willing to backport it to 1.18? Please let
me know if you need an updated patch re-submitted. Thanks.

> Have you got two definitions of the "get_optimization" function?

I grepped through all my layers and eglibc_2.17.inc is the only place where it
gets defined and used.

--
Denys