[OE-core] u-boot-fw-utils -> u-boot-fw-utils-cross

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Fri Sep 13 07:56:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

As I've started to bring our internal distro and machines up to the
lates oe-core, I've got some issues with the u-boot-fw-utils to
u-boot-fw-utils-cross transition.

In my old branch, I used u-boot-fw-utils_2011.06. This used to compile
and package fw_printenv(setenv) just fine.

In the new, u-boot-fw-utils-cross_2013.07.bb, fw_printenv is now built
using HOSTCC instead of the cross-compiler. The old recipe used to
include:
EXTRA_OEMAKE = 'HOSTCC="${CC}"'
as u-boot defaults to build everything under tools/ using HOSTC.

What's the reason for this change? Currently fw_printenv is being built
for my host system, and not the target...

Further more, fw_printenv does not get packaged. I can see that
fw_printenv is installed in ${WORKDIR}/image, but never moved to
${WORKDIR}/package. I guess that this is caused by inheriting
cross.bbclass?

Am I missing something in my distro config, or have I overlooked
something else? fw_printenv doesn't really make sense for me to run on
the host, and is (in my case) rather essential on the target.

I guess that I'm doing something wrong; can anyone give me some hint on
where to look? Or do we have an issue with the u-boot-fw-utils-cross
recipe?

Cheers,
Anders

--