[OE-core] export TARGET_LDFLAGS and native sstate

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Mon Apr 7 16:17:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Mike Crowe <mac at mcrowe.com> wrote:

> We're building for both ARM and MIPS-based MACHINEs in a single source
> tree. This seems to result in us compiling (or luckily most of the time
> resurrecting from sstate-cache) two different versions of all -native
> packages due to different base hashes.
>
> It seems that this difference in base hashes is due to the exported
> variable TARGET_LDFLAGS being different between the two CPUs:
>
> < export TARGET_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1  -Wl,--as-needed"
> ---
> > export TARGET_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed"

Heh, this i another case of a likely completely unnecessary export.
Software we build expects LDFLAGS to be used, not TARGET_LDFLAGS, so I
can't imagine that anything is using this export. Of course, it's
non-trivial to confirm that this is the case :)
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com