[OE-core] cmake-native also depends on acl-native (was Re: cmake-native: Depend on ncurses-native too)

Mike Crowe mac at mcrowe.com
Thu Apr 3 10:44:11 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 01 April 2014 at 21:59:34 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM, Mike Crowe <mac at mcrowe.com> wrote:
> > It seems to be possible to disable building the "CursesDialog" component to
> > remove the need for ncurses but I couldn't immediately see how to do that
> > for a bootstrap build.
> >
> > The non-native cmake recipe depends on ncurses even though it passes
> > -DBUILD_CursesDialog=0.
>
> you need to disable it completely in CMakefile.txt, just that define
> does not suffice you might try something like
> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/dev-util/cmake/files/cmake-2.8.10-libform.patch?diff_format=f&view=markup

It appears that a similar problem occurs if cmake-native is built at the
same time as acl-native:

 Building C object Utilities/cmcurl/CMakeFiles/cmcurl.dir/http_chunks.c.o
 [ 30%] /home/jenkins/workspace/nightly-brightsign-master/MACHINE/source/label/nightly/build-bcm7425/source-release-test-build/brightsign-oe/build-bcm7425/tmp-eglibc/work/x86_64-linux/cmake-native/2.8.12.2-r0/cmake-2.8.12.2/Utilities/cmlibarchive/libarchive/archive_read_disk_entry_from_file.c:38:21:fatal error: sys/acl.h: No such file or directory
 compilation terminated.

cmake detects sys/acl.h but by the time the compiler tries to include it
the file has been unstaged from the sysroot.

This one is harder to patch out. Do you object to me adding acl{,-native}
to DEPENDS?

Thanks.

Mike.