[OE-core] util-macros.do_package failed Re: Build failure

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Apr 4 20:01:48 UTC 2014

On 4 April 2014 18:18, Robert Yang <liezhi.yang at windriver.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can let the do_package depend on base-passwd:do_populate_sysroot
> to fix the problem.

I keep on thinking that we need to effectively have a readers/writer
lock on the sysroot, so that e.g. do_compile() takes a read lock and
do_populate_sysroot() takes a write lock.  This way very slim races
such as this (and aclocal disappearing, and binaries being re-written
whilst being executed, etc) just can't happen.  By having a
readers/writer lock the stalls for the actual populate of the sysroot
shouldn't have too great an impact, and would let us remove other
workarounds we've added (such as the baroque aclocal-copy).

Ross