[OE-core] opkg-0.2.2 release

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Apr 6 12:08:27 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 22:18 +0100, Paul Barker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just released opkg-0.2.2 with the following bugfixes (issue
> numbers refer to the opkg issue list):
>
> - Fix '--force-reinstall' flag so that it acts as an upgrade rather than
>   removing possibly critical packages before reinstall (issue 71)
>
> - Symlinks are now correctly removed during package uninstall (issue 91)
>
> - Fixed help and manual pages to reflect that shell globs not true regexps are
>   accepted by opkg (issue 107)
>
> - The error message "no valid architecture" is no longer given when the
>   architecture of a package is valid but incompatible with the current system.
>
> This is a bugfix only release with no other significant changes.
>
> I have also rebased the patches against opkg in oe-core against the
> new release and checked that they still apply and that the result
> builds with recent oe-core master. The result was tested on qemuarm by
> running 'opkg update' against a package feed and installing a few new
> packages.

Thanks for checking this, it certainly helps and is appreciated!

> Do we want to try to get this in to the upcoming Yocto release or
> shall I delay the recipe upgrade until after the release? If you want
> it for the upcoming release I'll re-run my tests locally just to be
> sure it's looking good and then send a patch.

We're about to roll -rc3 so this is getting late in the cycle to change
the package manager. Having said that this sounds like bug fixes which
would be nice to have.

I think I'm leaning to not taking it right now as it is really too late
but I'm open to other views on this...