[OE-core] Status Update

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 8 12:25:27 UTC 2014

Executive Summary
=================

Continuing to trend well for release, bug fixes continue to be merged
although patches are starting to get deferred for 1.7 if they're too
risky at this point.

1.6 Release Status
===============

The summary says it all really, bug trends are good but work remains.
The openssl CVE needs to get addresses so we'll probably take a package
upgrade for that specific component.

I am continuing to see a lot of "dubious" patches where the rationale
for the fix doesn't add up. I'm leaning not to take these in those
cases.

Autobuilder

Builds are greenish however we've had a lot of problem with the sanity
tests suffering hung processes. There have also been buildslave issues,
particularly with ab05 which has now been taken out the pool pending
investigation as to why its "upset", so its hard to know if issues are
the hardware or the sanity tests.