[OE-core] export TARGET_LDFLAGS and native sstate

Mike Crowe mac at mcrowe.com
Wed Apr 16 09:43:45 UTC 2014

On Monday 07 April 2014 at 12:35:44 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> -Khem
> On Apr 7, 2014 5:53 AM, "Mike Crowe" <mac at mcrowe.com> wrote:
> >
> > We're building for both ARM and MIPS-based MACHINEs in a single source
> > tree. This seems to result in us compiling (or luckily most of the time
> > resurrecting from sstate-cache) two different versions of all -native
> > packages due to different base hashes.
> >
> > It seems that this difference in base hashes is due to the exported
> > variable TARGET_LDFLAGS being different between the two CPUs:
> >
> > < export TARGET_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1  -Wl,--as-needed"
> > ---
> > > export TARGET_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed"
> >
> > which in turn is because TARGET_LINK_HASH_STYLE is explicitly set to
> "sysv"
> > on MIPS but allowed to be "gnu" on everything else.
> >
> > Every time I switch back and forth between building ARM-based and
> > MIPS-based machines the do_populate_sysroot_setscene tasks run for each
> > required -native recipe.
> >
> > If I modify native.bbclass to do:
> >
> >  TARGET_LDFLAGS = "${BUILD_LDFLAGS}"
>
> this is reasonable to do

I've submitted a patch that does this in
<1397640696-21281-1-git-send-email-mac at mcrowe.com> . The patch also does
the same thing to TARGET_CFLAGS, TARGET_CXXFLAGS and TARGET_CPPFLAGS. I'll
let the experts decided whether this is suitable for Daisy or not.

We're currently running our build with TARGET_LDFLAGS not exported and
haven't noticed any problems yet. I can submit a patch that does this but
I'd feel bound to also stop exporting TARGET_CFLAGS, TARGET_CXXFLAGS and
TARGET_CPPFLAGS for consistency though. Such a patch would definitely not
be suitable for Daisy.

Either (or both) patches solve my problem with task hashes.

Thanks.

Mike.