[OE-core] nfs-utils does NOT rdepend on bash

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Sat Apr 19 17:44:00 UTC 2014

To my surprise, a megabyte sized package "bash" was installed on target
when I installed nfs-utils to start the NFS server.

Commit 664ae3dc52fd7fc8c6f64e6cf5e70f97dedd332d claims the package needs
bash.

It's simply not true. It does not require bash at all, it runs just fine
with busybox's ash shell for example.

I don't understand the reasoning behind that commit. There's nothing in
nfs-utils that really needs bash, it runs fine without it.

Also, there is an error in the startup script, I can submit a patch for
that if you like. The script is needlessly complex too.

--
Mike Looijmans