[OE-core] OE Github repositories

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 28 11:08:17 UTC 2014

<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> het volgende geschreven:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Could whoever has admin access for the OpenEmbedded repositories on github
> > please do two things:
> >
> > 1) Stop having both "oe-core" and "openembedded-core" repositories - the
> > latter is four months out-of-date. I'd suggest if we want to be consistent
> > with our openembedded.org repos we should keep the "openembedded-core"
> > repository and make it so it is kept up-to-date.
> >
> > 2) Rename the "meta-oe" repository to "meta-openembedded", since meta-oe
> > the layer is distinct from meta-openembedded the repository, and again
> > this would be consistent with the primary repository naming.
>
> Keep in mind that renaming/removing 'oe-core' and 'meta-oe' will breaks
> things which use those repos to pull from by default. Which the oe.org git
> server has improved a lot, it still can't beat githubs CDN.

OK then, how about this instead:

1) Ensure the "openembedded-core" repository is kept up-to-date

2) Add a "meta-openembedded" repository and ensure it is kept up-to-date

3) Add a warning to the description for the contracted name repositories that
the fully-named repositories should be used instead, so we can eventually drop
them

4) Change documentation / scripts to match #3

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton