[OE-core] quilt-native fails on tar version 1.27.1

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Apr 30 15:54:28 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 08:22 +0200, Mirza Krak wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I recently updated my Ubuntu PC to 14.04 LTS which broke yocto builds.
>
>   From what I can see is that there seems to be an issue with the tar
> command and quilt-native recipe. But I am to newb to fix this. Do you
> guys have any ideas?

You're using an old release on a modern system which wasn't around when
the release was made.

It was fixed back in October, for example:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta/lib/oe/path.py?id=bf19a8617d05f17506dcb7154e19e2aa2b61838b

so those fixes are in master and the last release (daisy). Those fixes
are also in the dora (1.5) branch:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?h=dora&id=d3846f06d1e3faedcbc3c28e22c427bb0088683d