[OE-core] a few questions on the proper use of TEMPLATECONF

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Aug 4 11:19:49 UTC 2014

  short followup to my earlier post ... it seems like
oe-setup-builddir doesn't do a whole lot of input validation. for fun,
i tried to define a new project using /tmp for TEMPLATECONF, knowing
there was nothing valid there to be used as sample files, and here's
what i got (in part):

cp: cannot stat ‘/tmp/local.conf.sample’: No such file or directory
You had no conf/bblayers.conf file. The configuration file has been
created for
you with some default values. To add additional metadata layers into
your
configuration please add entries to this file.

The Yocto Project has extensive documentation about OE including a
reference manual
which can be found at:
    http://yoctoproject.org/documentation

For more information about OpenEmbedded see their website:
    http://www.openembedded.org/

sed: can't read /tmp/bblayers.conf.sample: No such file or directory

  in the end, despite the obviously fatal errors, i got a new build
directory with no local.conf, and an empty bblayers.conf. that doesn't
really match what the error messages were telling me above.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca