[OE-core] patchwork client problems

Peter A. Bigot pab at pabigot.com
Thu Aug 7 09:52:23 UTC 2014

On 08/04/2014 03:16 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Peter A. Bigot <pab at pabigot.com> wrote:
>> On 07/14/2014 04:21 AM, Peter A. Bigot wrote:
>>> I'm finding attempts to use pwclient on
>>> http://patches.openembedded.org/xmlrpc/ produce an ExpatError because the
>>> returned document is always empty (per a wireshark trace of the
>>> transaction).  Can somebody confirm that the server for the command-line
>>> client is working properly?  Thanks.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>
>> I've downloaded a fresh copy of pwclient from
>> http://patches.openembedded.org/help/pwclient/
>>
>> I've verified my .pwclientrc is exactly what the project info tells me it
>> should be:
>>
>> [base]
>> url: http://patches.openembedded.org/xmlrpc/
>> project: oe-core
>>
>> I've verified that pwclient works with other servers.
>>
>> And I still get empty documents back from the OE patchwork server for every
>> pwclient command I try.
>>
>> Anybody have any idea what's going wrong?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> llc[40]$ /tmp/pwclient projects
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "/tmp/pwclient", line 500, in <module>
>>      main()
>>    File "/tmp/pwclient", line 439, in main
>>      action_projects(rpc)
>>    File "/tmp/pwclient", line 213, in action_projects
>>      projects = rpc.project_list("", 0)
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1224, in __call__
>>      return self.__send(self.__name, args)
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1578, in __request
>>      verbose=self.__verbose
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1264, in request
>>      return self.single_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1297, in single_request
>>      return self.parse_response(response)
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1471, in parse_response
>>      p.close()
>>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 560, in close
>>      self._parser.Parse("", 1) # end of data
>> xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: no element found: line 1, column 0
> I have same error; I am adding Khem who I know has access to the
> server and can know more about it.

Thanks for confirming this isn't just me.

It's a bit of a problem, since without a working pwclient I can't tell
if there's already a patch that does what I need.  If there's a way to
search through the browser interface I haven't figured it out.

Khem, if I can help with diagnosis please let me know.

Peter