[OE-core] Autotools and "foreign"

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Aug 12 17:40:08 UTC 2014

I tried to upgrade to the current master, and got a few dozen packages
now failing to build because of automake errors like this:

| Makefile.am: error: required file './NEWS' not found
| Makefile.am: error: required file './README' not found
| Makefile.am: error: required file './AUTHORS' not found

This apparently traces down to:
74b05bba64589da0e4439a4293559ad9670104bd
"autoconf: remove automake patch enforcing --foreign"

Is there an alternative to manually patching all of these packages to
get them to compile once more?

--
Mike Looijmans