[OE-core] Autotools and "foreign"

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Wed Aug 13 05:13:47 UTC 2014

On 08/12/2014 08:57 PM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 12 August 2014 18:40, Mike Looijmans <mike.looijmans at topic.nl> wrote:
>> Is there an alternative to manually patching all of these packages to get
>> them to compile once more?
>
> Depends on the package, but generally you'll need to update the
> automake macro at the top of configure.ac (and submit a patch upstream
> as this should have been fixed years ago).

Basically, you're saying "no" then?

> Encouraging said upstreams to use autoreconf instead of (likely)
> home-grown crazy would be a good move whilst you're talking to them.

That might be the case if said upstream people actually still existed. Most of
these packages have since long been abandoned.

So I guess I'll have to cook up a class that works around it, just adding the
"missing" files into the S directory might do the trick.

Mike.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Bezoek ons op 9 en 10 september tijdens Technology for Health Den Bosch (stand 53)
http://www.technologyforhealth.nl