[OE-core] Yocto development with C++11 threads and gcc

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:32:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Peter A. Bigot <pab at pabigot.com> wrote:
>> EXTRA_OECONF += '${@bb.utils.contains("TUNE_FEATURES", "armv7a",
>> "--with-cpu=generic-armv7-a", "", d)}'
>>

> Sorry a typo there you   need  --with-arch
>

> OK, that works. So do we need to do the same thing for every TUNE_FEATURES
> element that ends up changing the value of -march= in TUNE_CCARGS which ends
> up getting passed into gcc-runtime?

Not really but arm v6+ is an exception here due to reasons explained
earlier. gcc as a target package is a bit
different than rest of them since it has mind of its own when it comes
to configuring it. It encodes certain
defaults into its driver etc. based on the configure parameters.
Ideally when we pass the flags via CFLAGS
it does it for most of packages but not for gcc.