[OE-core] Two distros with same MACHINE

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Aug 14 11:13:55 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 01:25 PM, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 02:09:36PM +0300, Yevhen Kyriukha wrote:
>> 13 Авг 2014 г. 13:51 пользователь "Nicolas Dechesne" <
>> nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> написал:

>> the
>> set
>>>>

>>> yes, you should. i generally recommend to use 1 build dir for each
>>> combination of <machine>, <distro> and <OE version>. keep in mind that
>>> TMPDIR are 'cheap', assuming you are sharing ssate-cache, downloads
>>> and using rm_work..
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I don't agree with separate dirs for <machine>.
>
> Sharing the native sysroot and huge part of deploy/ipk/<common-arch> is
> very useful for lowering disk space usage.

I'd name it as one of the major improvements over classic OE, being able to
build multiple machines while sharing common things.

As for disk space, I found that it helps to occasionally remove the tmp dir
and start over. That usually yields a few GB back. It would be nice if rm_work
tried harder to remove stuff.

M.

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Bezoek ons op 9 en 10 september tijdens Technology for Health Den Bosch (stand 53)
http://www.technologyforhealth.nl