[OE-core] Kernel firmware files with a .dsp ending

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Thu Aug 14 19:30:47 UTC 2014

Hello,

while writing new recipes for an updated machine specific kernel, I
noticed some packaging errors:

ERROR: QA Issue: linux-cubox-i: Files/directories were installed but not
shipped
/lib/firmware/korg
/lib/firmware/korg/k1212.dsp [installed-vs-shipped]

Looking into kernel.bbclass , I see that .bin .cis and .fw files are
packaged, but not .dsp .

I'm trying to find out if it would be appropriate to extend
kernel.bbclass to also package .dsp files. Looking into
http://packages.ubuntu.com/es/lucid-updates/all/linux-firmware/filelist
, it seems that .dsp is acceptable as a firmware file extension. Opinions?