[OE-core] Yocto development with C++11 threads and gcc

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:11:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM, Peter A. Bigot <pab at pabigot.com> wrote:
> I'm content with the solution in my v2 gcc patch series, but I expect
> someday the underlying cause will re-appear as new processors have new
> features with ABI impacts due to gcc target optimization. Hopefully when
> that happens the discussion here will be of some help in identifying the
> problem.

general usecase on arm thus far is to use cross compilers and I think
we are good there. target compilation is not a norm but this might
change soon but then we can propose to change defaults in gcc to use
armv6+, we build arm native gcc using canadian cross method, thats
kind of different than usual known gcc compilation methods so there
may be less favors for this use case.