[OE-core] Patch message guidelines and internal/corporate fields

Richard Tollerton rich.tollerton at ni.com
Fri Aug 22 15:24:43 UTC 2014

Randy MacLeod <randy.macleod at windriver.com> writes:

> Wind River patches used to include a "CQID" tag but we've changed
> our process to avoid needing such internal tags. If National
> Instruments can do so as well, that'd be best.
>
> I did check my oe-core email list history and this seems like the
> first patch from NI that has the tags included so I thought
> I'd reply and see if we can get the tags dropped.

IIRC, we pinged Phil a few months ago on this topic, and he thought
internal tags were OK. I think Wind River might have been cited as an
example.

I see that
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Commit_Patch_Message_Guidelines hasn't
been updated with this requirement. Should it be? Will that require TSC
approval?

--
Richard Tollerton <rich.tollerton at ni.com>