[OE-core] Problem building image with opkg and gpg support

Lars Michael lh_post at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 14:45:43 UTC 2014

--- On Wed, 10/12/14, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> > To support signed packages I have added
> gpg to the PACKAGECONFIG for
> > opkg. I
> have done this by creating an opkg_0.2.1.bbappend file
> with
> > the line:
> >
> PACKAGECONFIG += "gpg"
> >
> > In my image recipe I added:
> > IMAGE_INSTALL_append = "
> opkg"
> > IMAGE_INSTALL_append =
> " gpgme"
> >

> 'bitbake opkg' seems to run ok and builds libgpgme
> and opkg ipk's. But
> > when I run
> 'bitbake myimage' I get:
> >
> > ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES
> 'gpgme-native' (but
> >
> virtual:native:/media/datadisk/arm/fsl-community-bsp-daisy/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/opkg/opkg_0.2.1.bb
> DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
> >   gperf-native
> >   rpm-native
> >   gmp-native
> > ERROR: Required build target
> 'myimage' has no buildable providers.
> > Missing or unbuildable dependency chain
> was: ['myimage',
> >
> 'opkg-native', 'gpgme-native']
> >

> You've enabled gpg for both the target and
> native opkg recipes and there
> is no
> gpg-native for opkg-native to work. If you only the
> target
> verison, you could try:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_append_class-target = "
> gpg"
>
> otherwise you
> need to enable a native version of gpgme, probably adding
> BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" to the
> recipe for starters, there may then be
> other
> tweaks needed.

Richard,

I tried to use the PACKAGECONFIG_append_class-target but in that case opkg is build
without pgpme and signing enabled. Note: I wish to be able sign packages on the build machine and verify
the signatures on the board. Both using PGP.

Then I also tried to add 'native' to the gpme_1.4.3.bb recipe, but the build failed. Obviously other
changes are required for that to work.

Finally I tried to apply the patches described here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-core@lists.openembedded.org/msg55204.html

But the build fails:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'gnupg-native' (but virtual:native:/media/datadisk/arm/fsl-
community-bsp-daisy/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/opkg/opkg_0.2.1.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'gnupg-native' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['gnupg-native']
ERROR: Required build target 'my-image' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['my-image', 'opkg-native', 'gnupg-native']

Thanks and regards,
Lars