[OE-core] Setting a a fixed resolv.conf file in OE built image

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Dec 16 15:12:26 UTC 2014

Any tips on how to do this the right way? It seems like fixed
resolv.conf's are no longer fashionable and the volatile.cache script
goes to great lengths to reset it.

Adding a dns-nameserver entry in the interfaces file never makes it to
resolv.conf. I tried installing the resolvconf package and played with
it, but no joy. This package also appears to have some issues with
missing pieces.

I'll file bugs, but until I can figure out how it is suposed to work,
any bug I file is going to be pretty vague.

This really should be easier.

Philip