[OE-core] Merging problems

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:50:54 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 11:15:09AM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> So where are we at?
>
> Thanks to some great help from Ross, we have a number of patches merged
> and many of the issues in my last email have been addressed. I'm
> continuing to struggle with the kernel series. The last build on the
> autobuilder highlighted that:
>
> * there are problems in boot-directdisk.bbclass (have a fix)
> * there is a do_rootfs/do_package_qa race (have a fix)
> * the report-error.bbclass tasks could crash (have a fix)
> * the kernelmodule sanity tests were failing (have a fix)
> * qemumips gdb is failing to compile, probably due to new kernel
>   headers (no fix as yet)
> * systemd sanity QA tests continue to fail on xorg and systemd-login
>   (no fix as yet)
> * there are continuing problems with linux-imx from meta-fsl-arm, I
>   thought these were addressed but clearly not :(
>
> Ideally I'd like to take some time off over the holidays but I can't see
> that happening until the patch queues are under some kind of control :(.

One of kernel patches merged last weekend seems to be causing all /usr/src/kernel
files to be installed in sysroot without sstate knowledge (and possibly
missing when kernel is reused from sstate)

sstate-find-cruft.sh from last world build now reports:

ERROR: 52961 issues were found.
ERROR: Following files are installed in sysroot, but not tracked by
sstate:
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.git
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.git/HEAD
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.meta
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.meta/cfg
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.meta/cfg/kernel-cache
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.meta/cfg/kernel-cache/00-README\
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/.scmversion
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/COPYING
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/CREDITS
qemuarm/usr/src/kernel/Documentation