[OE-core] How to enforce ${B} = ${S} builds globally?

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Tue Dec 23 10:58:12 UTC 2014

Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> writes:

>> | test:
>> | /srv/oe/cache/bld/f95aceac-8952-bd61-430a-dfcdf48db33c/work/cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon-linux-gnueabi/test/1.0-r0/test-1.0/test.c:2:
>> | main: Assertion `0' failed.
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> | test: test.c:2: main: Assertion `0' failed.
>

> Lets say you just shared this error as a cut and paste to me asking for
> help. In the latter case, I have no idea what happened. In the former, I
> can tell you were building for an arm system, your recipe PN was test
> and so on.

Version numbers can be extracted more detailed from package management
data (e.g. in case of kernel, you do not see the git revision in the
BUG() but it is shown in 'opkg info kernel\*').

fwiw, I wrote the posting as an end-user who had to deal with 'GST_DEBUG=9
gst-launch' output where 70% of the line is filled with a redundant and
uninteresting path.

Enrico