[OE-core] How do I change the "Architecture" of a package?

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Dec 30 15:24:34 UTC 2014

What if the architecture of a package was accidentally left at its
default, but it should have been "all" for example?

Just putting "inherit allarch" or simply PACKAGE_ARCH="all" into the
recipe is not enough. You get stuck with a "more specific" older
version, so that no device wants to upgrade to the newer version that's
"all" architecture compatible.

Only way to fix this was to manually remove the old version from the
feeds and also manually remove it from the device, and then reinstall
it. This works for me personally, but what if I want to apply this to
about a million devices that are already in the field?

What can I do to get them to upgrade from the (in this case) "mipsel32"
to "all" package?

(and I have a few dozen of these mis-architectured packages...)

--
Mike Looijmans