[OE-core] Dizzy Merging

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 31 10:26:25 UTC 2014

Hi Armin,

I've taken a look at the dizzy_1_7_1 branch and have merged a lot of
things. For bitbake, I took the patches into the 1.24 branch. There was
a patch missing for the PR server sync changes so I added that too,
otherwise the others didn't make sense.

For the OE-Core patches, the gcc sysroot poison one should not go in.
I'd also question the udev changes and the gcc shared work changes since
those were fairly significant changes with a lot more risk.

I've put the things I didn't take into
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=rpurdie/dizzy-next just so we can discuss them. We also need the other changes fror the buildtools change, those should go in together, I believe you already talked with Paul about that. We did manage a fairly green build on the autobuilder recently.

As you mentioned, we do need to sort out which changes make sense for
linux-yocto, I'm hoping Bruce can help advise on that. We may be cutting
things tight to have a build this weekend if we don't have those (so QA
could look at this next week).