[OE-core] [Consolidated Pull 00/21] Various Patches & some updates

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Feb 7 17:22:28 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-07 at 08:55 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:
> This patch set has been through the Autobuilder, the current failures
> related to the kernel update as we had a clean master build prior to this.

I'm not 100% convinced exactly which patches in the test build called
which failures.

> The following changes since commit cda502815c6acf789e1a0db7a7a1a7015b4ef71d:
>
>   build-appliance-image: Update to poky commit b37dd451a52622d5b570183a81583cc34c2ff555 (2014-02-06 15:36:47 +0000)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>
>   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib sgw/stage
>   http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=sgw/stage
>
> Alexandre Belloni (1):
>   matchbox-keyboard: daemonize launch

I'd keep meaning to ask someone about this, I'm not 100% sure its the
right thing to do or if there is another underlying issue which should
be fixed instead.

> Bruce Ashfield (1):
>   kernel: stop using -exec rm for deleting files

Did this trigger some of those failures?

> Chen Qi (1):
>   initscripts: add initscripts-functions-dev package

This is horrid, we need to fix the root problems, not hack around it.

> Chong Lu (2):
>   acl: enable ptest support
>   attr: enable ptest support
>
> Cristian Iorga (2):
>   sbc: upgrade to 1.2
>   bluez5: upgrade to 5.14
>
> Fathi Boudra (1):
>   systemtap: add aarch64 support
>
> Jason Plum (1):
>   meta/oe/lib/path.py - check mount points, not device

This will kill performance. I'd like to understand which paths can get
split over mounts. I suspect the end result is we'd not support such
split mounts. Or we need two functions, one which is mount safe and one
which is not.

> Kai Kang (1):
>   eglibc-dbg: provides libc6-dbg

No, see Phil's comments.

> Khem Raj (1):
>   ossp-uuid: Use alternative source mirror
>
> Koen Kooi (3):
>   systemd 208: move stray /usr/lib/systemd/* into /lib/systemd
>   openssh: package sshd PAM config inside openssh-sshd package
>   openssh: drag in required PAM modules.
>
> Martin Jansa (1):
>   package.bbclass: add SHLIBSSEARCHDIRS to define where to search for
>     shlib providers

See Martin's comment, we need to fix this one in a better way.