[OE-core] Problem with libicudata.so in OE master

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 21:21:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm having problems with running Qt5 apps using OE master. I'm using a
couple of other layers, but as the problem seems to be related to
libicudata.so I figured I'd post it here, my apologies if the mail should
go somewhere else.

When starting the Qt5 app I get:
error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libicudata.so.51: internal
error

I'm building for Wandboard Solo machine from meta-fsl-arm-extra layer.

TUNE_FEATURES = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon"

[jkroon at localhost oe-devel]$ readelf -A
build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr/lib/libicudata.so.51.2
Attribute Section: aeabi
File Attributes
  Tag_CPU_name: "7-A"
  Tag_CPU_arch: v7
  Tag_CPU_arch_profile: Application
  Tag_ARM_ISA_use: Yes
  Tag_THUMB_ISA_use: Thumb-2
  Tag_FP_arch: VFPv3
  Tag_Advanced_SIMD_arch: NEONv1

Things work in oe-core 091d395e43836575587112ee1696a18c401505bb, although
this was together with older versions of the additional layers as well.
IIRC the readelf output was identical in this case. Not quite sure how to
debug this, anyone have any pointers ?
I tried looking for another application that uses libicudata, but couldn't
find an easy one to try out.

  -- Jacob