[OE-core] Problem with libicudata.so in OE master

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 07:15:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Jacob Kroon <jacob.kroon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having problems with running Qt5 apps using OE master. I'm using a couple of other layers, but as the problem seems to be related to libicudata.so I figured I'd post it here, my apologies if the mail should go somewhere else.
>>
>> When starting the Qt5 app I get:
>> error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libicudata.so.51: internal error
>>
>> I'm building for Wandboard Solo machine from meta-fsl-arm-extra layer.
>>
>> TUNE_FEATURES = "armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa9"
>> TARGET_FPU = "vfp-neon"
>>
>> [jkroon at localhost oe-devel]$ readelf -A build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr/lib/libicudata.so.51.2
>> Attribute Section: aeabi
>> File Attributes
>>   Tag_CPU_name: "7-A"
>>   Tag_CPU_arch: v7
>>   Tag_CPU_arch_profile: Application
>>   Tag_ARM_ISA_use: Yes
>>   Tag_THUMB_ISA_use: Thumb-2
>>   Tag_FP_arch: VFPv3
>>   Tag_Advanced_SIMD_arch: NEONv1
>
> this does not seem to be complete output, the key piece thats interesting here is what is value of Tag_ABI_VFP_args since you say you have call convention-hard in TUNE_FEATURES
> I expect Tag_ABI_VFP_args = VFP registers

Maybe it's odd, but I get the same exact output for the older build,
when things work. Most .so-files show the same output as libicuio.so (also
from the old build):

[jkroon at localhost oe-devel]$ readelf -A
build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr/lib/libicuio.so.51.2
Attribute Section: aeabi
File Attributes
   Tag_CPU_name: "7-A"
   Tag_CPU_arch: v7
   Tag_CPU_arch_profile: Application
   Tag_ARM_ISA_use: Yes
   Tag_THUMB_ISA_use: Thumb-2
   Tag_FP_arch: VFPv3
   Tag_Advanced_SIMD_arch: NEONv1
   Tag_ABI_PCS_wchar_t: 4
   Tag_ABI_FP_denormal: Needed
   Tag_ABI_FP_exceptions: Needed
   Tag_ABI_FP_number_model: IEEE 754
   Tag_ABI_align_needed: 8-byte
   Tag_ABI_align_preserved: 8-byte, except leaf SP
   Tag_ABI_enum_size: int
   Tag_ABI_HardFP_use: SP and DP
   Tag_ABI_VFP_args: VFP registers
   Tag_CPU_unaligned_access: v6

So I figure either libicudata.so is not used at
that point, but still incorrectly built, or my problem is not related to
the ELF header flags..

I don't have access to the wandboard right now but I'll try starting
the app via a gdb-server and see if that comes up with anything new.

/Jacob