[OE-core] RFC: systemd version - release or git?

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Wed Feb 19 11:37:06 UTC 2014

* Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> [140219 12:26]:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:54:50AM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > Any objections to defaulting to a git version?

> I think we can wait few more days for new release:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/systemd-devel@lists.freedesktop.org/msg16738.html

I was just about to reply with the same e-mail link...

> but otherwise I don't have strong objections for switching to git
> version temporary (if it really makes QA test results better).

Otherwise, I don't have any strong feelings against a git version. Not
as long as it works as it should.

One objection might be that it's easier for someone to update it to a
strange version in between the regular releases. As long as we try to
avoid making a release where systemd is too far of from a regular
release, that shouldn't be any issue, though.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander