[OE-core] Conf notes

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Feb 24 06:34:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

> I have just put a conf notes file into my own layer, but when I source
> the oe-init-build-env script, I am still getting the notes from Yocto
> rather than my customized.
>
> What am I doing wrong? I see this in the ./scripts/oe-setup-builddir file:
>
> TEMPLATECONF=${TEMPLATECONF:-meta-yocto/conf}
>
> and other references, but I have not pin the issue down just yet.

are you setting TEMPLATECONF variable? if so, how?

also, if you provide conf-notes.txt you need to provide
local.conf.sample and bblayers.conf.sample.

if TEMPLATECONF is set, it will use these files:

    OECORELAYERCONF="$TEMPLATECONF/bblayers.conf.sample"
    OECORELOCALCONF="$TEMPLATECONF/local.conf.sample"
    OECORENOTESCONF="$TEMPLATECONF/conf-notes.txt"