[OE-core] Conf notes

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Mon Feb 24 13:50:32 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-24 06:40, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>> I just tried this with the latest master and it is only looking in
>> the meta-yocto layer even though there is a conf-notes.txt in one of
>> my local layers as well.
>
> hmm. i just tried too. i create meta-layer with:
>
> $ find meta-mylayer/
> meta-mylayer/
> meta-mylayer/conf
> meta-mylayer/conf/conf-notes.txt
> meta-mylayer/conf/bblayers.conf.sample
> meta-mylayer/conf/layer.conf
> meta-mylayer/conf/local.conf.sample
> meta-mylayer/conf/site.conf.sample
>
> then, if I run
>
> $ TEMPLATECONF=meta-mylayer/conf . oe-init-build-env bbb
>
> It is working fine:

Indeed, that does work, but only for the first time of if you specify TEMPLATECONF.

I often have build trees that live for a very long time (think months) and I'll
do something like this:
  TEMPLATECONF=my-layer/conf . ${POKY}/oe-init-build-env <somedir>
then later, e.g. after a reboot of my build host, I do just this:
  . ${POKY}/oe-init-build-env <somedir>
This renews the build setting for that setup just fine, but in this case, I'll
get the default "conf-notes.txt", not my layer specific ones.