[OE-core] RFC: Separate build dir for autotools

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Feb 24 15:41:11 UTC 2014

On 24 February 2014 15:27, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can we start by adding
> include conf/distro/include/seperatebuilddir.inc
> conf/distro/defaultsetup.conf
> ? so that more people start using it and possibly report issues in their
> builds?

That list is opt-in and mainly covers oe-core, so this gets tested
every time the YP autobuilder does a world build.  We need a meta-oe
world build where autotools.bbclass sets B="${WORKDIR}/build": it's
literally just this one-line patch.

I guess a good first step would be to make this change in oe-core and
do a world build there, adding explicit B=$S statements to any recipes
that break with B!=S.

Ross