[OE-core] RFC: Separate build dir for autotools

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Wed Feb 26 20:20:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 19:54 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
> Unless, of course, you work out where configure is looking to bail on
> this test, and if we can safely remove it on rebuilds.

I don't think there's any safe way of defeating that configure check
other than to properly clean ${S}.  You could add something like:

if [ -f ${S}/config.status ]; then
  ( cd ${S} ; make distclean || true )
fi

to autotools.bbclass, which would probably take care of most of the
simple cases.

If you just remove config.status (and maybe config.h) then that'd
probably be enough to fool configure, but then you'd be running the risk
that the vpaths would pick up stale copies of generated files from ${S}
rather than rebuilding them in ${B}.

p.