[OE-core] Call for demos

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Thu Jan 2 00:06:25 UTC 2014

I was thinking about demos for FOSDEM (thanks to the people that have
already offered some) and realized I should reach out to the broader
community.

OpenEmbedded has a stand (table) at FOSDEM to show of the project to the
oen source community. Typically, whoever comes to FOSDEM brings whatever
cool thing they are working on with OE at the time. I'd liek to try and
get some more diverse hardware on display to show how flexible the
project is.

A good demo should be visually interesting. Blinking lights/ LCD panels
etc. A few static seriously embedded things are fine, but people love to
see blinking lights :)

Long term, I'd like to build up a set of physically small demos we can
pass around as people attend various conferences to show off
OpenEmbedded (and the Yocto Project) capabilities.

What I am looking for is boards with good BSP layers that are well
supported (preferably by the manufacturer in some way) and have an image
that is easy for people to reproduce. (Basically, we should show stuff
that people can go home, order hardware, and build the demo image
without a lot of tweaking).

So what I am looking for is:

1) Donations of hardware we can demo
2) Software support for the hardware

I'd like to use this as a way for us to show support for vendors that
support us.

Philip