[OE-core] unmaintained layers

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Thu Jan 9 23:20:48 UTC 2014

On 01/09/14 17:43, Mark Hatle wrote:
> On 1/9/14, 3:45 PM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Trevor Woerner
>> <trevor.woerner at linaro.org> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> At the last TSC meeting the topic of unmaintained layers came up. Here
>>> is the sorted list of master layers from the layer index [1], would it
>>> be possible for those in the know to indicate which layers are, or are
>>> suspected of being, unmaintained?
>>
>> Wouldn't it be easier to do an initial sort based on commit activity
>> ? Versus an
>> opt-in query ?
>
> I agree..  see below for mine..

To be honest, I had asked people to indicate which layers they thought
were *un*maintained (since I assumed that list would be small), but this
way works too.

Interestingly enough, had I sorted the list on commit activity,
according to http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/?s=idle
meta-realtime hasn't been touched in 10 months which would make me
suspect it was abandoned.