[OE-core] Failed to build opkg with curl support

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri Jan 10 15:50:00 UTC 2014

On 9 January 2014 12:04, Yevhen Kyriukha <kirgene at gmail.com> wrote:
> I define "curl" in PACKAGECONFIG for opkg.
> After that I'm getting circular dependency errors during building opkg.
>
> Best regards,
> Yevhen

Sorry, this is a known problem.

The update-alternatives script needs to be moved out of opkg, either
to opkg-utils or to its own recipe as it is the use of
update-alternatives that is causing the circular dependencies. This is
what I am planning to work on next as soon as I get some time.

This is required for my ongoing development work on opkg so it should
get sorted out soon. (Future versions of opkg will depend on
libarchive which also indirectly depends on update-alternatives).

Related to this is the fact that no other providers of
update-alternatives seem to work, again due to circular dependencies.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/45321

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker