[OE-core] libsdl and opengl DISTRO_FEATURE

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Mon Jan 13 09:58:23 UTC 2014

hi there,

it has been brought to the list already, at least in [1], but libsdl recipe
implicitely assumes that 'opengl' distro feature means GL/GLX support.

the recipe does this:

${@base_contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'opengl', '--enable-video-opengl',
'--disable-video-opengl', d)} \

and the configure checks for GL/gl.h, GL/glx.h and GL/glu.h.

this is quite an issue on ARM platforms with no such support. Based on
previous discussions i understand that nobody should assume that 'opengl'
in distro feature means GL or GLES, so I am tempted to conclude that this
is a bug in the SDL recipe. is that correct?

if we make it a PACKAGECONFIG instead, would that be considered the right
fix for this bug?

thanks

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/42830