[OE-core] [oe] Public TSC / OE Workgroup meeting today

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:33:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:55:28PM +0000, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 13:13 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > Not sure if it's worth new item on agenda, but maybe we should move
> > meta/classes/image-prelink.bbclass functionality to package.bbclass,
> > maybe we have more cases like this where image build is changing files
> > which are provided by normal packages (such cases are lost after
> > upgrading on device with packagemanager).
>
> How would that work?  I'm not sure that it's possible (in the general
> case) to prelink in any sensible way prior to rootfs construction.  The
> same applies to image-mklibs.bbclass.

Hmm, you're right.

The reason why I was thinking about this, is that someone reported to me
that libc-dbg doesn't work after prelink changed libc headers in
do_rootfs (external toolchain).

IIRC there was some discussion about issues caused by prelink changing headers,
I'll try to find it in archives, sorry for noise.
Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com