[OE-core] Failed to build opkg with curl support

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Tue Jan 14 14:23:55 UTC 2014

On 14 January 2014 13:36, Yevhen Kyriukha <kirgene at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> 2014/1/10 Paul Barker <paul at paulbarker.me.uk>:
>> On 9 January 2014 12:04, Yevhen Kyriukha <kirgene at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I define "curl" in PACKAGECONFIG for opkg.
>>> After that I'm getting circular dependency errors during building opkg.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Yevhen
>>
>> Sorry, this is a known problem.
>>
>> The update-alternatives script needs to be moved out of opkg, either
>> to opkg-utils or to its own recipe as it is the use of
>> update-alternatives that is causing the circular dependencies. This is
>> what I am planning to work on next as soon as I get some time.
>>
>> This is required for my ongoing development work on opkg so it should
>> get sorted out soon. (Future versions of opkg will depend on
>> libarchive which also indirectly depends on update-alternatives).
>>
>> Related to this is the fact that no other providers of
>> update-alternatives seem to work, again due to circular dependencies.
>>
>> See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/45321
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Paul Barker
>>
>> Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
>> http://www.paulbarker.me.uk
>
> Can you give some estimates on how long the implementation of this
> feature will take?

I threw a few patches together over the last week, they just need
testing before I'm happy to submit them for merging into mainline
openembedded. They move the update-alternatives utility to the
opkg-utils recipe, hopefully allowing the opkg recipe to have
dependencies added without resulting in a circular dependency loop.

I'm not at my development machine at the minute, but I'll forward them
to you later so you can test them as well. Email me again to remind me
if you haven't got them within a day or so.

Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk